Becoming certified as a Women-Owned Business can offer a reliable path to sustainability and growth, by providing access to contracts from government agencies and corporations across the U.S, who have a mission (and a mandate) to increase diversity and expand opportunities for women-owned businesses.
This workshop will teach you:
- The basics of Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification, Women Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification and M/WBE Certification.
- The value and differences of each type of certification for growing your business and online resources for applying and becoming certified as a woman-owned business.
- Best practices for tapping into the vast network of corporate & government contracts set aside for women business owners.
- How to identify and access contracts and opportunities that are aligned with your business capabilities once you become certified.
Joanne Friedland Roberts, Co-Founder, WHAT NOW WHAT NEXT, a talent Marketplace and collaborative network for women entrepreneurs.
- Jennifer Jackson, Supervisory Economic Development Specialist, US Small Business Administration & WOSB Certification Trainer
- Ophelia Gabrino, Executive Director, Capacity Building and Corporate Partnerships, NYC Dep’t of Small Business Services
- Rebecca Rodriquez, Principal & Senior Consultant, EOS Strategies & member of the M/WBE Alliance.
- Rogina Coar-Smith, Executive Director, Vendor Services & PTAC, Division of Economic and Financial Opportunity, NYC Department of Small Business Services
6:00-6:30 PM: Check-in & Networking Reception
6:30–8:00 PM: Workshop & Panel
WHAT NOW WHAT NEXT is producing this event in partnership with the NYU Women's Initiative and it is open to NYU Alumni only.
Date & Time:
Thursday, November 2, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
FREE to NYU Alumni
If you are an NYU Alumni, you can learn more about this event and others offered by the NYU Women's Initiative here.